Saturday, June 5, 2010

Shoes and Flowers


I spent last week buying new shoes for all 5 kids. They are now ranging in sizes from a 12 in men's down to a 13 in kids. I hate to spend much on shoes for the summer. They never last until school starts and some how they always end up irrigating, out working in the garden, or herding cows. 5 pairs of shoes....... At the same time I was buying flowers for a grave, wishing I could buy one more pair of shoes. Asking God still, why? Because I can't get the question out of my mind, still not really dealing with reality that I will never see my boy again on this earth, Wishing, every time I leave my house that I will come home to his laugh, his smile, his shoes in the middle of my kitchen floor. Oh I miss him everyday, every hour and I don't know when that gnawing will ease or if it ever will. I am praying again, not sure if anyone is listening but I am trying.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you're still praying and hope you know that we continue to pray for you. Every. Day. I read a quote tonight that I thought I'd share with you. It said:
"Prayer is the rope that pulls God and us together. But it doesn't pull God down to us: It pulls us up to Him." Just keep hanging on to the rope...He'll never let go of his end; even when we're at the end of ours.
Love, Tami

Gwen said...

Keep praying, HE is there, and HE knows YOU.

Evanstown said...

I am praying for you. I know how hard it is to lose a child. There is no formula or reciepe for finding acceptance. Don't stop praying, peace will come. I will keep you in my prayers.
Much love,

Cecilia