Saturday, April 7, 2012

Religion & Politics

I have had the opportunity in the last couple of years to observe the workings of church members from what you could say an outsider's view. I am having a hard time with plenty aspects of the church. I think in some way losing my faith has opened my eyes. I do not take anything for granted. I want to feel again without looking for reasons or proof but I am stuck in this world of show me. I love politics. I love how politicians say what you want to hear and say it to the right people. I love how they give more money, in election years to charity, well if they are smart they do. I love how they pretend to care about the downtrodden and the poor of heart. I really love how they promise to give so many freebies to so many different folks. They are always looking for a bigger and better position or calling in life.
Now if you didn't know any better wouldn't you think I was talking about the members of the church?, some members, most members, maybe? It makes me sad to watch so many people help others out of duty and not out of love. Maybe some don't know when you help them with that gleam in your eyes as if to say I am so much better than you. I would never have made the choices you have made even with the challenges you faced. That might be true and it also could be true that you wouldn't have made it this far. You care far more about the physical gain than you do a spiritual gain, houses, cars, tractors, etc. etc. and you strive for the callings in the church that will gain you your pride and the love of others. You talk to those you think will give you that advantage. Why Why would you want to be in those callings? Walls are so much easier than dealing with this tripe.

No comments: